Stress relief is good for you and does not involve spending a weekend away at an expensive spa. There are some simple techniques that you can use in the course of your daily life that reduce your stress. These are often techniques that are free, can be done anywhere, and pose little risk. Reducing stress can lower heart rate and blood pressure, improve concentration and mood, reduce anger and frustration and boost confidence. Here are some techniques that you can try:
1. Talk with your friends and family.
2. Slow down.
3. Focused, slow deep breathing for 5 minutes.
4. Daily meditation.
5. Listen to calming music. Practice your artistic skills (painting, photography, pottery, etc.)
6. Slowly recite a positive mantra.
8. Visualization (close you eyes and take a journey to a calming, relaxing place).
9. Try Tai Chi or Yoga.
10. Massage therapy.